Besitos de Coco ~ Venezuelan Coconut Kisses
Besitos de Coco are Venezuelan cookies. They are half cookie & half flakes of coconut, which will leave you with a tropical taste in every bite. Besitos de Coco or Coconut Macaroons are easy to make sweet delights. These cookies are known as “Coconut Kisses” in spanish speaking Caribbean Islands. I have seen recipes with condensed milk, which replace egg yolks in this dish, I might try them in future for a eggless version. For now, this cookies are the best & stole our hearts instantly.
Adapted from here.
Prep Time – 10mins
Cook Time – 20mins
Serves – 26Cookies
2&1/2Cups + 1/2Cup coconut flakes
1Cup brown sugar
1Tbs vanilla extract
– Pre heat oven @350degrees. Layer a cookie pan with parchment paper and keep aside.
– In a bowl mix in all the above ingredients leaving half cup of coconut flakes aside.
– Scoop the mix & form into small balls.
– Roll them into coconut flakes & place them on the cookie pan. Press a little to make them flat or leave them as they are.
– Bake them for 20mins @350 degrees.
– Remove from oven & cool them on counter top.
– For the chocolate on the top, as soon as you remove the cookie pan out of the oven press in a nestle chocolate chip in to it & it fixes perfectly.
– Baking time might change from oven to oven.
– For more added flavor you can replace vanilla extract with coconut extract.
Follow me on “Facebook“, “Google+“, “Pinterest“, “Instagram” for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.