Brie, Pear, and Arugula Pizza
This Brie, Pear and Arugula pizza would be great for an appetizer. I used a pound of store bought fresh pizza dough found in the deli section which really made this easy to make. If you want to make your own dough here’s a link to one of Kathy’s recipes for pizza dough.
- 1 pound of pizza dough
- 1/2 cup red onion sliced thin
- 1 small round of Brie (4 oz.) sliced.
- 2-3 fresh pears cored and sliced
- A handful of Arugula
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare pizza pan with a little olive oil to coat.
- Prepare a surface with a little flour to roll out your pizza dough to fit your pan.
- Transfer dough to pan and stretch to fit nicely.
- Top dough evenly with the red onion slices.
- Bake in oven for up to 12 minutes until the dough is golden.
- Remove from oven and turn the oven to broil.
- Carefully add the Brie and Pears evenly on the dough.
- Salt and pepper these ingredients to your taste.
- Scatter the Arugula on top of the Brie and Pears.
- Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Place pan back in oven set to broil and watch very carefully removing just after the Brie melts.
- Cut into serving portions and enjoy.