Cherry Pistachio Spelt Bundt Cake
This pistachio cherry pound cake, adapted from Baking Bites, is beautiful to take to a holiday get-together and is full of festive seasonal flavors. As it bakes, the outside browns nicely to form a slightly crunchy crust and has a tight, tender crumb that almost melts in your mouth. The pound cakes don’t usually get too dressed up, but a little vanilla glaze and some dried barberries give the cake a little more character.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Whisk together the flours, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Cream butter, raw sugar and stevia until light. Beat in eggs, one at a time until well combined.
- In another bowl, combine vanilla extract, milk and vegetable oil. Working in two or three additions, alternately add the flour mixture and the milk mixture to the butter mixture, ending with a final addition of dry ingredients. Fold in drained cherries and pistachios until well-distributed. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before topping with vanilla glaze.
- Combine all ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake. Sprinkle with some dried barberries.