Burgers are a quick and tasty summer time food! Usually we make our burgers from ground beef but sometimes it is nice to change it up and go for a chicken burger instead. We enjoyed the chicken burgers with fresh garden lettuce, a ring of sweet red pepper and added a little zing by combining cayenne pepper (to taste) in your mayo. Extra dijon mustard is delicious too!
- 1 pound ground chicken..I used all white meat
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs, (pulsed in food processor) divided
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine ground chicken, milk, 1/2 cup of the fresh bread crumbs, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper until well blended.
- Form into 6 patties, mixture will be wet and sticky.
- Pour the rest of the bread crumbs (1 cup) on a platter and cover both sides of the burger with the crumbs.
- Preheat a frying pan, add 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil and fry patties until thoroughly cooked and golden in color, about 6 minutes per side.
- Serve hot with your favorite kind of bun and condiments.