Coconut Chia Pudding
Greetings and Happy Monday! I haven’t shared a chia pudding recipe with you (or with my family) in quite a while, so I thought I would make one and this version totally ROCKS. Chia should appear on your menu somehow, every day! It is filled with so many nutrients, it blows my mind. Check out my post Happy Blueberry Chia Pudding to read all about the extraordinary nutritional profile of these wondrous seeds.
In the meantime, enjoy this no muss, no fuss recipe. Aren’t chia puddings the best in that way? They’re so easy to prepare. I must make more of them! I had an epiphany regarding coconut milk after making this pudding, too. For years I’ve been using canned coconut milk, usually Thai Kitchen brand. Then I realized that I could easily make my own by blending coconut shreds and water in a high powered blender, in true whole food style! Haven’t done it yet but I will surely let you know the outcome when I do.
- ~ 1½ cups coconut milk (or 1 can)
- 3 TBS chia seeds (I used white chia seeds which I think look prettier for this one)
- 2 TBS unsweetened coconut shreds, plus 3 TBS for topping
- 2 TBS pure maple syrup, or natural sweetener of your choice
- Whisk all ingredients together and let sit for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the chia seeds have started to thicken the mixture and are evenly distributed, transfer to whatever serving vessel(s) you will be using.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Dry toast some coconut shreds in a stainless steel pan over medium heat until golden and use as a topping… Mmmmmmm!