Fresh Strawberry Pie
This is the best fresh strawberry pie I have ever tasted. It has become an annual tradition. My friend Erna introduced us to this delectable dessert last year. Happy 4th of July to our American friends. This pie will surely brighten the festivities.
- 1 single baked pie shell
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 additional cups of mashed strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 5 drops red food color
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a saucepan combine the mashed strawberries and water.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the food coloring.
- Pour through a fine sieve to collect all the juice.
- Combine the sugar and the cornstarch.
- Bring the juice to a boil with the sugar mixture and boil until it thickens and runs clear.
- Chill completely.
- Pour the cooled juice mixture over the fresh strawberries in the pie crust.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Delicious, best fresh Strawberry Pie ever! Did I mention that already?