Grilled Zucchini Boats
With fresh zucchini and summer squash featured at local farmers’ markets, this is a nice way to serve it.
- 1/2-1 zucchini per person (use the smaller ones)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil mixed with 1 clove minced garlic and 1/4 tsp sea salt
- halved grape tomatoes
- basil – fresh, if you have it, or dried
- Salt and pepper
- parmesan and mozzarella cheeses
- Cut each zucchini/summer squash in half lengthwise.
- Cut out center, carefully scooping out seeded part with a spoon. Be careful to keep bottoms intact.
- Brush cut sides of zucchini with oil/garlic mixture.
- Line up halved grape tomatoes in each zucchini half.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil, and pepper
- Mix grated mozzarella and parmesan cheeses together and sprinkle over tomatoes.
- Grill over medium heat until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.