Rhubarb Cheesecake Bars
I saw a similar recipe on the internet by Taste of Home which looked good and decided to try something similar using my own version by following my Rhubarb Dream Bar recipe and topping it with my Blueberry Cheesecake recipe. I had tried a couple of times, once making it with a gluten free flour mix and I wasn’t overly satisfied with the results, likely the wrong choice of baking mix, but when I made it with regular flour the result was better in my opinion and several people asked for the recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 2 cups sugar (less is fine too)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix the flour and sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter to make coarse crumbs with a pastry blender or with you hands. Press into a 9×13 in baking pan.
- Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes.
- Combine eggs, sugar, flour, salt and mix well until there are no lumps. Fold in rhubarb.
- Pour into baked crust and bake @ 350 for 50-60 minutes or until filling is set and edges start to turn brown.
- 2- 8 oz packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large tub of cool whip (I used an equal amounts of real whipped cream which is equal to about 4 cups whipped)
- With a hand mixer beat cream cheese with sugar.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla.
- Fold in whipped cream until smooth.
- Pour over the cooled rhubarb bar.
- Set in fridge for over night to set.