This is a great way to use little bits of leftovers that you don’t know what to do with. You can use anything to fill them. I used leftover pulled pork with goat cheese in some and bits of farmer sausage, onions, peppers and mushrooms in the others. Be creative and try pizza fillings and dip them in pizza sauce for a evening snack with company, or pack it for lunches. I used my favorite biscuit dough. Use your favorite dough or any posted on the blog.
- 2 c. sifted flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2/3 c. milk
- Sift together dry ingredients, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse oatmeal. Add milk all at once and stir with fork only until blended.
- Knead ten time in a lightly floured board.
- Roll or pat out dough to 1/2 ” thickness.
- Cut with floured biscuit cutter.
- After you cut out the pieces, roll each one 1/4-1/2″ thin. Fill with your filling of choice.
- Fold over the seal so the filling won’t leak out.
- Place fairly close together on a greased baking sheet and brush with some olive oil, and sprinkle with garlic powder, basil, parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Makes about 8-10.