Vegan, Soft-serve, No-churn, Butter Pecan “Nice Cream”
Need a frosty treat in a hurry? Whip up some of this amazingness! OMG. Trust me, I hardly ever use the chat jargon OMG, but OMG! I’m also not usually a fan of a banana based “ice cream” made in a blender, only because the banana flavor is usually so dominant—even when there’s chocolate in it! But this one, for some reason, works for me. The banana flavor is definitely in the background.
By the way, I just got my new ice cream maker! So watch for some yummy, plant-based ice cream recipes coming soon. Anyway, if you were ever a lover of butter pecan ice cream (me! me!), you will absolutely love this dairy-free, plant-strong version. Try it!
- 2 cups frozen, sliced bananas
- ½ cup chopped raw pecans plus a bit more for garnish
- 1 TBS maple syrup or other natural sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp tamari or other low sodium soy sauce (use it! I know it sounds weird but trust me it makes this dessert taste like the real deal)
- ½ tsp natural maple flavoring
- Place all ingredients, except the pecans, into a food processor or high powdered blender and process/blend until smooth (I used a food processor).
- Add the pecans and whir again just until combined.
- Garnish with some extra chopped pecans and serve immediately.
Serves 3. It fit perfectly in three small ice cream cups.